Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tidbits

Today is day 3 ...coffee without sugar. So far I don't like it any better than day 1. At this point, I am seriously considering taking a week to just cut off coffee (and caffeine) all together. It's not good for those of us with anxiety anyway, so why drink it? Wow I sound cranky. Sorry! ;-P

Anyway....I got wonderful news that my brother is headed our way to see my dad drive his tractor in the Yale Bologna Festival Parade ... (visit http://yalechamber.com/Bologna%20Festival.html for more info on Yale Bologna Festival, a tradition full of, well, bologna.) Unfortunately, it has been raining off and on all morning and the forecast calls for thunderstorms all day. I'm not sure how the day will turn out, but at least we get to visit with my brother!! That will be great fun. I feel bad, I always bake chocolate chip cookies for him when he's on his way here and wouldn't you know it, I'm out of chips! I guess I could work it later tonight for tomorrow's enjoyment.

The living room wall is coming along nicely. I've been told by Genie that I can paint it. It's not done, but it's very hard to tell what the overall look will be when it's not painted. We need to know if it needs more trim here or there and such. Yesterday he built open shelves and took the whole front off of the electric fireplace and put it on the wall. I'll post a pic so you can see what I mean. I think it's simply delicious and I can't wait to see it done. He's also going to build primitive doors to cover the TV and the cable box, etc if I can't find any old ones to use in the next few days. As far as paint goes, I think I'm going to start with flat black (yikes, sounds scary, huh?!) and then a deep burgundy/red/brown that I sort of half invented. It's actually a color called "Chocolate" but it is in the red family, and I had the store put in more brown. The inside of our front door is painted that color and I just love love love it. It's a great colonial type color.

Anyway, I need to get ready for the day (and try to suck down this awful mud called coffee)...have a great Saturday!

bbc19124.jpg picture by dulcimatik

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see that color on your walls, Rochelle. I think it will look great. Good luck with the coffee. You are a stronger woman than I am...I've tried to give up sugar and failed miserably! I just gotta have it! Enjoy your visit with your brother and have a wonderful day.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle~

    I gave up caffeine for about a year and then slowly started "using" again. It is like crack. I know you can do it though.

    I hope you had a great time visiting with your brother. It sounds like a lot of fun even without the chocolate chip cookies.

    Your shelves are going to look great when you are finished! I can not wait to see the final product! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle~As always, your projects keep us intrigued. They motivate us all to upgrade or change our own homes a little. I can't wait to see it done. Have fun at the festival and enjoy seeing your brother.

    ReplyDelete